[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Feature Requests-502278 ] Handle multipart e-mails

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Thu, 02 May 2002 22:27:26 -0700

Feature Requests item #502278, was opened at 2002-01-11 07:04
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=502278&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Dear developers,

There are 2 weeks since I'm trying to fix a bug in Mailman.
The ISP I work for, has some mailing lists, managed by
Mailman, and most of subscribers, are sending mails
through Windows (especially M$ Outlook). As known,
Outlook sends every e-mail using multipart e-mail
format, something that Mailman doesn't manage well.

The bug is that when MaiLman tries to put a header &
footer to the message's body. When the mail's content
type is text/plain, then everything is ok. But when it
is multipart/*, header & footer are positioned to wrong
place. The worst case is when sending an multipart
e-mail with attachements!!

I'm trying 2 weeks to fix the problem (I think I found
it), but I would like to inform you about this bug (if
you didn't already know about it :-), and ask you a few
questions:
- It is in your plans to fix this bug in the near
future? (e.g. in version 2.1?)
- I want to add to header, the recipient's name. Is
there a variable for that? e.g. %(recipient)
- If not how could I add such info to header?

I also send you an attachement (replaces Devorate.py)
which fixes the above bug, but it is not secure enough
& well tested. However it might help you fix the bug.

Thanks a lot,
Paschalis Pagonidis (ppag@dsg.internet.gr)
Systems Engineer
Internet Hellas