[Mailman-Developers] I bit the bullet

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 23:14:53 -0400

The MailCommandHandler.py module was just completely unmaintainable,
so I bit the bullet and replaced it over the last several nights.  The
framework we've got now is much more extensible, flexible, and
maintainable.

Basically, each command is implemented in its own module inside the
Mailman/Commands directory.  You can add new commands by adding a file
like cmd_<commandname>.py to the directory.  You can delete commands
by removing the files (e.g. Marc might want to remove cmd_lists.py :).
See the existing files for examples.  Through some clever programming,
you can limit commands on a per-list, per-domain, per-sender, or
per-message basis.

Now the only cruft left is Pipermail <wink>.

Hopefully over the next several days, I can get back to answering
mmdev email, fixing bugs and getting beta2 out.

Please start to use the SF trackers for all bugs you find in MM2.1,
and all patches against the MM2.1 codebase.  My inbox is overflowing,
and I'm afraid of missing important bugs and patches.

Cheers,
-Barry