[Mailman-Developers] Postfix instructions in 2.0.10's INSTALL

Bill Bradford mrbill@mrbill.net
Wed, 1 May 2002 22:02:39 -0500

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:52:37PM -0700, Dan Mick wrote:
> What is this supposed to do?  "postalias <a private alias file>"
> appears to simply create an alias.dir/alias.pag pair in that
> same directory, but not affect the Postfix delivery at all.
> Is this a Postfix version skew problem?  Is it expected
> that postalias actually "installs" the aliases somehow?
> It doesn't seem like that's the case.

You have to setup your /etc/postfix/main.cf like this:

alias_maps =    dbm:/etc/postfix/aliases,
                dbm:/usr/local/mailman/aliases.mailman

alias_database =        dbm:/etc/postfix/aliases,
                        dbm:/usr/local/mailman/aliases.mailman

Then, I just do "postalias aliases.mailman" when I change
~mailman/aliases.mailman

Bill

--
Bill Bradford     | "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.
mrbill@mrbill.net | Hate leads to using Windows for mission-critical