[Mailman-Developers] Problem with substitution of %(listname)

Ellen Spertus spertus@mills.edu
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:25:21 -0800

list %(listname)s, however final approval is required from the list
moderator before you will be subscribed. Your request has been forwarded to
the list moderator, and you will be notified of the moderator's decision.

Sys list run by spertus at mills.edu
Sys administrative interface (requires authorization)
Overview of all javamlm.mills.edu mailing lists

Later substitutions (such as at the foot of the page) are successful.  When
I look at the list directly in Python, it seems to be okay:
 >>> sys
<mailing list "sys" (unlocked) at 82fb764>
 >>> sys.real_name
'Sys'
 >>> sys._internal_name
'sys'

I'm using Mailman 2.1a3.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

Ellen

--=====================_22988906==_.ALT

I created a new list named &quot;Sys&quot;.&nbsp; When I subscribe and
confirm by web, I get the following web page.&nbsp; Note the
&quot;%(listname)s&quot; on the second line.<br>

<dl>
<dd>Awaiting moderator approval
<dd>You have successfully confirmed your subscription request to the
mailing list %(listname)s, however final approval is required from the

<dd>Sys list run by spertus at mills.edu
<dd>Sys administrative interface (requires authorization)

</dl>Later substitutions (such as at the foot of the page) are
successful.&nbsp; When I look at the list directly in Python, it seems to
be okay:<br>

<dl>
<dd>&gt;&gt;&gt; sys
<dd>&lt;mailing list &quot;sys&quot; (unlocked) at 82fb764&gt;
<dd>&gt;&gt;&gt; sys.real_name
<dd>'Sys'
<dd>&gt;&gt;&gt; sys._internal_name

</dl>I'm using Mailman 2.1a3.&nbsp; Any ideas what could be
wrong?<br><br>
Ellen<br>