[Mailman-Developers] qrunner fails to start on 2.1b4

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:21:12 -0500

    BD> I updated from 2.1a4 to 2.1b1 this weekend. SuSE 7.3, python
    BD> 2.1.1

    BD> A problem showed up during make install, where paths.py was
    BD> not copied into the bin, scripts, cron directories.

Okay, you need to figure out why paths.py wasn't copied.  It may be a
permission problem, or it may be something deeper.  I definitely
haven't seen this myself, so something weird's going on with your
environment.

    BD> I copied it in manually and that cleared the initial problems:
    BD> the Cgi parts seemed to work (without exhaustive testing).

    BD> Now I'm running into the followuing problems with qrunner but
    BD> I am not sure where to look. Suggestions? It looks like it
    BD> might still be related to paths.py?

Very likely, although if bin/qrunner (which is what spits out these
errors) couldn't import Mailman.Queue.* via the __import__() call in
make_qrunner() , then how did it get far enough to import the various
modules at the top of the file?

Very strange.
-Barry