[Mailman-Developers] How you can help (was: Re: [Mailman-i18n] korean translation)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:17:48 -0500

    BAW> One way to help out right now: I can add you as a tracker
    BAW> admin and you can help do triage on the bugs and patches.
    BAW> This actually would be an enormous help, because there's a
    BAW> lot of things to go through.  Even weeding out those issues
    BAW> that are no longer relevant for MM2.1, and assigning
    BAW> everything that's left to me would help a lot.

Here's another way volunteers could really help the project out.  If
we had a release czar for the 2.0.x series, then it would free me up
to concentrate on finishing 2.1.

As an example, my previous message on the qrunner race condition in
MM2.0.8.  I'm at the pont where I can /only/ find the time to fix the
most critical of bugs in 2.0.x, and I definitely do not have the time
to add anything new, or even vette any large patches.  I obviously
haven't done very well at managing the 2.0.x bug and patch trackers.

The Python project has been very successful with release czars for
maintenance branches older than the trunk, and I think those successes
could translate here (we're smaller so it should be easier).

Some of you have a very good working knowledge of the code base, and I
think you would do a good job as MM2.0.x czar.  I'm always here to
consult of course. :)

Cheers,
-Barry