[Mailman-Developers] bin/qrunner picking up changes

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:52:17 -0800

At 8:19 -0500 3/29/2002, Mentor Cana wrote:
>With the latest CVS, whenever list's configuration changes (i.e. new headers
>or footers) a bin/mailmanctl restart is needed.
>
>This could confuse lists owners who expect (rightfully so) to see the
>changed footers or headers on their lists as soon as they save the
>configuration. Should the "Submit Your Changes" button do a "bin/mailmanctl
>restart" after successfully saving list's changes?
>
>(I'm not sure of this behavior is limited to headers and footers only)

The issue is bigger than presented above (I don't have a 2.1.anything
installation to play with).

But simply telling a list owner to run
   bin/mailmanctl restart
won't do the trick:  most list owners don't have the power to run that
command (or any shell access at all).

Therefore, I'm pretty sure a solution is in the works.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA