[Mailman-Developers] config_list

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 06:00:06 -0500 (EST)

Uh, I think the cutting and pasting was a little too literal here...

A segment from a dump of one of my lists...

## Privacy options
#
# When a message is posted to the list, a series of moderation steps are
# take to decide whether the a moderator must first approve the message
# or not.  This section contains the controls for moderation of both
# member and non-member postings.
#
# <p>Member postings are held for moderation if their <b>moderation
# flag</b> is turned on.  You can control whether member postings are
# moderated by default or not.
#
# <p>Non-member postings can be automatically <a
# href="?VARHELP=privacy/sender/accept_these_nonmembers" >accepted</a>,
# <a href="?VARHELP=privacy/sender/hold_these_nonmembers">held for
# moderation</a>, <a
# href="?VARHELP=privacy/sender/reject_these_nonmembers" >rejected</a>
# (bounced), or <a
# href="?VARHELP=privacy/sender/discard_these_nonmembers"
# >discarded</a>, either individually or as a group.  Any posting from a
# non-member who is not explicitly accepted, rejected, or discarded,
# will have their posting filtered by the <a
# href="?VARHELP=privacy/sender/generic_nonmember_action">general
# non-member rules</a>.
#
# <p>In the text boxes below, add one address per line; start the line
# with a ^ character to designate a <a href=
# "http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-re.html" >Python regular
# expression</a>.  When entering backslashes, do so as if you were using
# Python raw strings (i.e. you generally just use a single backslash).
#
# <p>Note that non-regexp matches are always done first.

# Each list member has a moderation flag which says whether messages
# from the list member can be posted directly to the list, or must first
# be approved by the list moderator.  When the moderation flag is turned
# on, list member postings must be approved first.  You, the list
# administrator can decide whether a specific individual's postings will
# be moderated or not.
#
# When a new member is subscribed, their initial moderation flag takes
# its value from this option.  Turn this option off to accept member
# postings by default.  Turn this option on to, by default, moderate
# member postings first.  You can always manually set an individual
# member's moderation bit by using the membership management screens.
#
# legal values are:
#    0 = "No"
#    1 = "Yes"
default_member_moderation = 1

BTW, am I just missing it, or is config_list the only place you
can change default_member_moderation?  I didn't see a likely checkbox
in the cgi screens...