[Mailman-Developers] Ok, this is weird...

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:04:11 -0500

At 02:45 PM 3/27/02 -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    RJ> Now, I'd believe there was something wrong with the header
>    RJ> (although mm ought to catch this more elegantly), except the
>    RJ> user had just sent it to list1@myserver,list2@myserver, and it
>    RJ> made it to *list2*, it just won't go through to list1.  I
>    RJ> unshunted it, and it failed again the same way.
>
>    RJ> So how in heck did it get to list2?
>
>    RJ> Barry, I saved the copy I got (I'm on both lists), and the
>    RJ> shunt files, if you want them; there's nothing private in the
>    RJ> message.
>
>Yes, please do send them to me!
>-Barry

Hey, Barry?  It's the topic processor causing it.  I got a second message to that
same list that generated the same error.  I'd tried turning off topics before, since
that was one of the two differences between the working, and non working, list.
But when I did that, I didn't *delete* the topic, I just disabled it.  (Although, if
topics are disabled, that really should skip all the topic header scanning... Apparently
it doesn't.)

I tried disabling topics, *and* deleting my one trial topic.  Suddenly the two messages
(the one I sent you, and the latest one) would unshunt.

The only trial topic I had was, for fooling around purposes, on that list was (from config_list):

topics_enabled = 1
topics_bodylines_limit = 5
topics = [('Illuminati', '[fF]nord', 'Illuminated Messages', 0)]