[Mailman-Developers] install trouble

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:51:41 -0500

    RJ> Well, I do get the impression that Postfix is the Official MTA
    RJ> of Mailman, although you're welcome to use one of those
    RJ> *sniff* Other MTA's...

There is no official MTA of Mailman.  Most of my testing happens on
Postfix because that's what I happen to use to run my own personal
sites.  We use Exim on python.org/zope.org, so that one gets a fairly
good workout as well.

I really want Mailman to be MTA agnostic, but for some of the trickier
integration issues, I really need support from you developers to help
with MTAs I don't have access too.  I'm committed to supporting
Sendmail and Qmail, and whatever else folks in the field feel
passionately enough about to send me contributions for.

The same goes for web servers, although I think there is much less
variability on *nix platforms in this regard.

-Barry