[Mailman-Developers] 2.1b1: new_member_options and web GUI

Fil fil@rezo.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:43:21 +0100

@ Harald Koch <chk@pobox.com> :
> I could not reset the "Filter out duplicate messages to list members (if
> possible)" flag in "new_member_options" from the web UI; the setting
> didn't take. I can change it with config_list, and that change is then
> reflected in the web GUI.
>
> By playing with the flags, I discovered that the problem is this; I
> cannot clear *all* of the flags. As long as one is set, the setting
> takes. Looks like a piece of code somewhere is treating "0" as a special
> case, but I haven't found it yet.

I mentioned this bug recently : it's apparently because the
new_member_options is set by multiple checkboxes which all have the same
name (ie new_member_options), instead of being new_member_options_bit0,
new_member_options_bit1, and so on.

I don't know if some web browsers accept this, but none of mine do.

-- Fil