[Mailman-Developers] Re: message is unparsable and lost data files for filebase

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:42:30 -0800 (PST)

>     tm> But by comparing with the MTA's log file, I could understand
>     tm> that the message in question has probably been spam. Is there
>     tm> another place where mailman could have put it for inspection,
>     tm> or do I have to change the configuration to keep track of such
>     tm> problems?
>
> Dan's right, but you need to enable saving of bad messages by setting
> QRUNNER_SAVE_BAD_MESSAGES = 1 in your mm_cfg.py file.  Bad messages
> aren't saved by default.
>
> This is almost always going to be caused by malformed MIME messages,
> which are (almost?) always spam.  I wouldn't worry about them.

Depressingly, about half of mine are misformatted bounce messages.
Apparently people just can't keep their damned fingers off
bounce messages.