[Mailman-Developers] Re: Virus Filtering

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:56:03 -0500

At 05:18 PM 3/19/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Is there a Virus Filtering package that works with Mailman?

That would more properly be an MTA issue, not an MLM issue.
Depending on what you're running, there are various vendors who
have plugins that can scan.  Trend has several unixy variants for
instance, although they're not cheap.   We use Mirapoint's solution;
an MD300 message directory sitting in from of our main mail servers
scrubbing all inbound and outbound mail with Trend's engine.  (Soon
to be Sophos's engine, since Mirapoint, thanks to their agreements,
was able to underbid Trend on every contract for a combined hardware
and software solution, charging less than Trend would for just the
software...)

None of them are cheap, though..