[Mailman-Developers] Headers and footers not appearing

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:56:35 -0500

    Nick> All headers should not be case sensitive, so far as I know.
    Nick> This is right out of RFC822:

    BG> RFC822 has been supplanted by many many RFCs, but yes, we
    BG> should be treating the charset and content-type both as
    BG> non-case-sensitive.

We should be good with Content-Type: as the email package's
Message.get_type() coerces to lower case (as long as we always compare
it with a lower case string <wink>).  We just fixed the Charset class
to do case insensitive comparisons, and to return a lower case coerced
string as its str().

-Barry