[Mailman-Developers] locked - please help

Bradford Shaw listmgr@perilpoint.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:46:34 -0600

Hello,

We have addressed this issue with mailman-users but without an results so
we are now asking you for help in solving this.

We are having a problem with a large list (12,000) that has become locked
while uploading members. One of our people were subscribing members using
the web interface and the list locked with a bug error. We can't seem to
get the list to work and would like to seek another method than removing
the list and recreating it. Recreating it will only add confusion to the
members who have already received welcome letters with passwords -- which
would become obsolute.

In looking into the locks directory, we see 82 files similiar to this:

<site>.lock.loginname.perilpoint.com.54206
<site>.lock.loginname.perilpoint.com.55962

istname.lock.loginname.perilpoint.com.10275
listname.lock.loginname.perilpoint.com.16039
listname.lock.loginname.perilpoint.com.18389

We have two questions:
(1) What do we do with these files? Delete them? ??
(2) How do we unlock the list so that it will operate again?

Please help.

Brad Shaw