[Mailman-Developers] Unsubscribe through the web

Rodolfo Pilas rodolfo@pilas.net
07 Mar 2002 14:37:17 -0300

[I use 2.1a4+ updated today from CVS]

It is not possible to unsubscribe through a listinfo page.

When you try tu unsubscribe through the listinfo page with:

#: Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py:253
msgid "Unsubscribe or edit options"

You access to this form:
(something I paste in English, from .po file to your guide, but I use MM
in Spanish)

<FORM Method=3DPOST ACTION=3D"../subscribe/test">
   To unsubscribe from Test, get a password reminder,
   or change your subscription options %(either)senter your
   subscription email address:

   <INPUT name=3D"UserOptions" type=3D"SUBMIT" value=3D"Anular su subscripc=
i=F3n
   o editar sus preferencias" ><INPUT name=3D"language" type=3D"HIDDEN"
   value=3D"es"></center>Si dejas el campo en blanco, se te preguntar=E1 tu
   direcci=F3n de correo electr=F3nico
</FORM>

And receive the following message:

#: Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py:167
msgid ""
"Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted
upon.\n"
"Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your subscription
"
"request\n"
"may have to be first confirmed by you via email, or approved by the
list\n"
"moderator.  If confirmation is required, you will soon get a
confirmation\n"
"email which contains further instructions."

I understand that there is a problem here:

<FORM Method=3DPOST ACTION=3D"../subscribe/test">

perhaps it may be <FORM Method=3DPOST ACTION=3D"../unsubscribe/test">

--=20

 Rodolfo Pilas               Quien los puso a estos tipos donde estan,
 rodolfo@pilas.net           Quien los deja seguir en su lugar,
 http://rodolfo.pilas.net    Quien los baja ahora de su altar,
 ICQ #17461636               Quien les paga para que hagan lo que haran
 http://xtralinux.org         -=3D# Apocalipsis Now % Cuarteto de Nos #=3D-

  Public GnuPG key: http://www.keyserver.net 1024D/57153363 2001-06-02
  key fingerprint =3D DAAE 3246 3F7D A420 B7A0  48A5 D120 C773 5715 3363