[Mailman-Developers] Is there a stupid Python trick to save me?

Miroslaw Jaworski mjaw@ipartners.pl
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:51:33 +0100

* Dan Mick (dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM) [020314 09:23] wrote:
> I had an interesting thing happen today; a list started to get two
> footers added to it.  Odd.

Hi

We experienced the same case. In fact - initially we though there are
two problems with strange similarity:
- Problem with growing Re: Re: Re:[...]

  Some users keep sending Subject: encoded ( in our case it was base64 )
  Mailman doesn't look into encoded string, doesn't find Re: to remove,
  just adds its own Re: to the beginning of the Subject: header.

- Sometimes Mailman haven't removed it's own signature

  The same situation as previous, except whole mail content was encoded
  by the user, who had responded to the mail, and didn't removed
  list signature

We use 2.0.8

Regards

MJ.

--
Miroslaw.Jaworski@ipartners.pl  ( Psyborg )  MJ102-RIPE  Internet Partners
Server Administration Department Manager