[Mailman-Developers] moderation...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:56:07 -0500

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 03:56:37PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Let's tease out what you really want...
>
> - Would you be happy with an emergency switch that applied to all
>   postings, from members and non-members alike, even if the
>   non-members are on the "accept these non-members" list?

A list level master-override switch to moderate everyone temporarily;
yeah, that's what I think he's asking.

> - Once the emergency switch is pulled, what should happen to postings?
>   Should they just get held for approval?  Would it make any sense to
>   reject or discard them?  Should that even be configurable?

I'd assume he simply wants one more list-level "should postings be
treated as moderated" flag that could be toggled in realtime, that
would be checked right before (or after) the per-user one.  In general,
I think that's a good idea.

It probably needs a Rude Solo Light, though.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")