[Mailman-Developers] Macintosh files when uploading "mass subscription " lists

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 01:45:24 -0500

    F> 1) when I send a Macintosh file for "mass subscription" via the
    F> web, Mailman does not understand the Mac's linefeeds as
    F> separators for addresses, and sees just one (wrong) address.

This should be fixed now in cvs.

    F> 2) When users reply to a confirmation cookie, they usually send
    F> their cookie followed by several lines of whatever
    F> (signature). Mailman sends them the "your message in error"
    F> reply, instead of "welcome !"

Fixing this requires a rewrite of the mail command handler, something
I've decided to put off until after MM2.1.  For now, it's a minor
inconvenience (they still confirm their action).

-Barry