[Mailman-Developers] Re: [BUG] Users are created as moderated in CVS mailman

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 01:24:03 -0500

    BG> Okay, but this means that new list members will not be able to
    BG> post to lists until the admin sets them to be un-moderated,
    BG> right, by default?

Their postings will be held for approval, correct.

    BG> What exactly do we gain from this?

I seem to remember some discussion on this topic a week or so ago.  It
seemed to me that the consensus was to quarantine new list members by
default.  I might be mistaken (about the consensus), but it seems like
as reasonable a default as not quarantining them.

-Barry