[Mailman-Developers] Does mailman-cvs remove reply-to?

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:20:10 -0800

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 04:01:42PM -0500, Bob Puff@NLE wrote:
> > Reply to all will reply to the Reply-To + To + Cc list in the MUAs I looked
> > at.
>
> Not true  for all.

I guess I'm not too surprised. I'm not too sure the behavior in this case is
well  defined. I just  know that  when  I Cc  lists  and set  a reply-to  to
redirect answers, it's only indicative and Iv'e seen many MUAs reply to both
lists when the user did a reply to all.

> I haven't checked recently, but the Netscape Mail I used to use would send
> to the  reply-to address exclusively, if  it was defined, and  not include
> anything else.

I just tried again with netscape 6/mozilla,  and reply to all replies to all
3 addresses (To, Cc, and Reply-To), just like mutt did.

All that said, I agree with you  that the behavior is most likely undefined,
and that the only thing you can rely  on is that setting a reply-to will not
redirect reply to all off the To and Cc headers for many if not most MUAs

Marc