[Mailman-Developers] Re: [BUG] Users are created as moderated in CVS mailman

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:41:18 -0500

    BG> I'm not at all sure why this is, but on a completely fresh
    BG> install of CVS mailman, even though DEFAULT_NEW_MEMBER_OPTIONS
    BG> = 256, all my new list members are created with the
    BG> 'moderated' flag on.

For new members, the moderation bit flag is controlled by the list
configuration attribute default_member_moderation.  See the
Privacy/Sender Filters for the list config and
DEFAULT_DEFAULT_MEMBER_MODERATION for the initial value of this
attribute.

I want to keep these separate because I want default_member_moderation
to be config'd in the Privacy category.  I'll add a note to the
DEFAULT_NEW_MEMBER_OPTIONS comment in Defaults.py.in.

-Barry