[Mailman-Developers] Missing footers with latest CVS

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:43:02 -0500

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:22:27AM +0900, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> That would work in the best of all possible worlds (i.e. NOT the real
> world :) but I think there is still information lost when converting
> some charsets into Unicode, like Big5 and EUC-TW.  Also, who knows if
> we would corrupt PGP signatures by doing something like this?

I'm pretty sure that the answers there are a) I do and b) we would.

PGP almost certainly won't tolerate rewriting of the body, in much the
same way that IPsec won't tolerate NAT rewrites on the channel.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")