[Mailman-Developers] Python-2.2 disaster

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:32:27 -0500

    CG> FYI, 2.2 is completely DOA on Solaris 8/SPARC. After I got it
    CG> to compile (and gained more grey hair), it ends up hanging on
    CG> SMTPlib.connect(), somewhere in the bowels of hostname
    CG> resolution. Either something is broken in the IPv6 support in
    CG> Python, or Sun has a library bug. I wouldn't take a bet about
    CG> whose fault it is ;-)

:)

The best bet at this point, if you want to pursue this further, is to
submit a bug report to SF.  There are definitely folks with access to
Solaris who read those bug reports.  Please include any output from
compilation or configure, etc.

I haven't had a Solaris system in going on 2 years now, and the last
rev I think I used was 2.6 <5.6 wink>.

-Barry