[Mailman-Developers] Python-2.2 disaster

James J. Besemer jb@cascade-sys.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 02:07:15 -0800

Carson Gaspar wrote:

> Can one of the Python gurus here tell me if I just missed an obvious
> "correct" way to fix this, or if this is really a broken build process?

Dunno.  [Real helpful, I know.]

But FWIW I'm running 2.0.8 and despite the documentation I couldn't get
things to install or run properly except with Python 1.5.  Doc says 1.5 or
better so I figured 2.1 was fair game but couldn't get it to work.

I figured doc was wrong and was ... satisfied ... when it worked with 1.5.

FWIW, I think 1.5 Python and 2.0.8 Mailman are standard in 7.2 Linux.

Regards

--jb

--
James J. Besemer  503-280-0838 voice