[Mailman-Developers] hide web interface from users and "Results of your email commands"

totschnig.michael@uqam.ca totschnig.michael@uqam.ca
Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:36:43 -0400

Hello,

I am sorry if my question is not appropriate here, but I am
using mailman from CVS, and I imagine things work quite different on
Mailman 2.0 and 2.1.

I have a list that is a newsletter associated to a web site on another
host as the one mailman is running, and we have a form for
subscription on the web site, which simply sends an email to
list-subscribe@host.

Ideally we would like that the process would be the most simple
possible for the users, and that she does not see all the details of
ours mailman system.

The only page from the mailman web interface, I would like to show
them is the "Confirm subscription page" when they activate the
"confirm cookie" URL. Once they have confirmed, I would like to
redirect them immediately to the web site, instead of showing them the
confirmation page. Unfortunately this page is not customizable via the
admin interface, otherwise I could use a redirect meta tag, as I did
succesfully with the main info page for the list.

And I would like to suppress the "Results of your email commands"
since it is considered redundant by many users, even if they subscribe
by email, and for this list they do not send the email themselves, but
is originated by a script on the web site. So my two questions are:

- Can I suppress the "Results of your email commands" email for this
list or alternatively for the whole site?

- Is there a way to suppress most parts of the web-interface for a
list.

Thanks in advance,

Michael