[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Adding exception to html-stripping in the archive

Laurence Berland laurence@digitalpulp.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:06:41 -0400

begin  quote from Laurence Berland on Wednesday 31 July 2002 12:04 pm
> I've already written code that filters the messages on their way to the
> archiver, substituting based on regular expressions.  It does this in t=
he
> Queue/ArchRunner.py file, in just about the last spot before the actual
> archiver gets called.  It can't go in the archiver, because it needs to=
 be
> able to read the mlist variable for configuration and such.  I need to =
be
> able to use a regular expression to substitute in a snippet of html cod=
e.
> This could be used for several things, but my intention is to use it to=
 add
> an img tag.  Is there a way to configurably get around the html-sanitiz=
ing
> done by the archiver in some non-kludge way?

I'm not sure if anyone is reading these, though I tend to suspect not.  In any
case, I've found the kludge way to go about doing this, but it's really quite
awful.  I changed the websafe function in utils.py to just return the very
string it is passed.  Please tell me there's a better way, as this requires a
recompile to change, and it's not something I even want done for every list.
If there isn't a better way yet, can anyone think of how to code one?  My
biggest problem is the lack of an mlist object near many websafe calls,
meaning I can't readily grab config variables for a list.