[Mailman-Developers] Adding exception to html-stripping in the archive

Laurence Berland laurence@digitalpulp.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:22:57 -0400

All,
	I posted this earlier, but it was sort of buried in an email about not
necessarily related things.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

I've already written code that filters the messages on their way to the
archiver, substituting based on regular expressions.  It does this in the
Queue/ArchRunner.py file, in just about the last spot before the actual
archiver gets called.  It can't go in the archiver, because it needs to be
able to read the mlist variable for configuration and such.  I need to be
able to use a regular expression to substitute in a snippet of html code.
This could be used for several things, but my intention is to use it to add
an img tag.  Is there a way to configurably get around the html-sanitizing
done by the archiver in some non-kludge way?

TIA,
Laurence