[Mailman-Developers] Re: Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:22:39 -0700

On 7/30/02 10:14 AM, "J C Lawrence" <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> Building the archives (even if not the list) with dated or sender
> addresses TMDA-style starts seeming quite attractive.

Actually, we're putting everything behind a CGI that'll enforce our
policies. That way, if the policies change, only the CGI has to be modified,
not the archives. And we don't have to modify the archives -- which is
problematic if you take stuff out that later you decide ought to be there.
An unmodified archive is a lot easier to deal with.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
are largely ceremonial.