[Mailman-Developers] Cute TMDA use

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:09:30 -0700

On 30 Jul 2002 15:43:52 +0100
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk> wrote:

> An additional thing that would make me very much in favour of TDMA
> would be the possibility of adding a message to the confirmation
> stating that by posting to this list they are putting their messages
> into public archives.  If they confirm the message then they have
> given permission for archiving.

TMDA handles that by making all the confirmation, request etc messages
template based, with the template directory having both a default and a
CLI switch (eg for per list customisation in our case).

> That would mean that all posts to the list are either from subscribers
> (who got the information about archiving at time of subscription), or
> those that have confirmed their willingness to be archived.

Excellent point.  I like it.

Note however that that implies that subscribers who post have to verify
thru TMDA.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?