[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-588373 ] bug with 2.1b2 (something with cookies?)

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:33:22 -0700

Bugs item #588373, was opened at 2002-07-29 23:33
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=588373&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This is hopefully my third and final stupid question
involving mailman.  I have mailman 2.1b2 setup and
mostly working (I can create lists, and post, etc...).
However whenever I try to log into a list via the admin
page to edit/delete/whatever to it, it comes up with this
bug:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 82, in run_main
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 82, in
main
    cgidata.getvalue('adminpw', '')):
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
208, in WebAuthenticate
    print self.MakeCookie(ac, user)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
223, in MakeCookie
    c = Cookie.SimpleCookie()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no
attribute 'SimpleCookie'

Is this a permissions problem?  something to do with
creating cookies...Honestly, I have no idea...

I've searched some bug databases and most likely
passed right over it, however I can't seem to find
anything dealing with this error.

Thanks for all the help.

Paul