[Mailman-Developers] Re: Cute TMDA use

JasonR.Mastaler JasonR.Mastaler
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:55:27 -0600

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> So if we /don't/ build the functionality into MM2.1 (as Chuq is so
> sensibly arguing :) is there anything we need to do to implement the
> whitelisting TMDA fronted MM that is being proposed here?

I think we just need documentation.  I've only ever combined MM and
TMDA under qmail, and it's quite easy.  Given .qmail-list which posts
to the list, you just need to edit and add the following to the top of
the file:

|preline /usr/bin/tmda-filter

Then make a symlink from .qmail-list-confirm-default to .qmail-list.

A FAQ entry with this along with some configuration suggestions would
satisfy that.  Perhaps I'll do this tomorrow.

Non-qmail MTAs aren't as flexible, so perhaps JC can comment on his
experiences?

In any case, I think the necessary changes (if any) would go into TMDA
and not MM.  So, perhaps you are done.

--
(http://tmda.net/)