[Mailman-Developers] Integrating TMDA (was Re: Cute TMDA use)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:34:56 -0400

    JRM> I envision Mailman's web configuration interface making this
    JRM> very easy.  A checkbox to toggle whether existing subscribers
    JRM> are allowed through, a textbox to enter explicitly
    JRM> blacklisted addresses, etc.

I wouldn't change how postings from existing subscribers are handled.
I think the most straightforward approach would be to simply use this
as a way to seed the accept_these_nonmembers list, without admin
intervention.

    JRM> Gravy like the "auto-whitelist" feature could be stolen from
    JRM> TMDA (also a pure-Python, GPL'd app) if necessary.

    JRM> I'd expect this to be no more than a few days work for
    JRM> someone intimately familiar with Mailman's source.

Maybe a few hours. :)

    JRM> I don't know of any MLM with this functionality built-in, and
    JRM> it will virtually eliminate all spam.  How's that for
    JRM> motivation? <wink>

I'm hooked, but then I'm a push over.
-Barry