[Mailman-Developers] Re: Cute TMDA use

JasonR.Mastaler JasonR.Mastaler
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:26:01 -0600

J C Lawrence <claw+tmda@kanga.nu> writes:

> <<tmda-users added to distribution list as this is probably of more
> interest/topicality there>>

Better suited for tmda-workers, so I'm shifting it there.

> Choice of TMDA incoming filter can be selected at runtime (argument
> to tmda-incoming) but I can't compute the contents of the incoming
> filter at runtime in any regard.  Filter rules are single qualifier
> only.  Filter files don't have internal variable replacement logic
> so that they can rewrite themselves depending on the Sender or
> similar (thus effectively providing multiple qualifier logic).

Ah, yes.  OK, you are right, this is not something that I've solved in
my setup either.

Tim, how does this fit into the "macro" feature you've been working on
for the FilterParser?

> The base result of these configuration constraints is that I have to
> write a custom incoming filter for each list, pointing at the
> appropriate private auto-whitelist, Mailman config etc, each filter
> identical to every other except for the internal list name
> references.

This is what I'm doing too.  I use text parsing scripts to make mass
changes, but you're right, it would be better to be able to use a
single self-adapting incoming filter.

>   from-file ~list/.tmda/lists/whitelist.${LISTNAME}.auto ok

And in your vision, where does LISTNAME come from, the environment?

--
(http://tmda.net/)