[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-585776 ] no webauthentification possible

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:26:15 -0700

Bugs item #585776, was opened at 2002-07-24 04:17
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=585776&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
After updating to 2.1b some of our lists aren`t
accessible for admins any more. I`m using the
current cvs, but when they try to login
mailman crashes:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 82, in
run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py",
line 82, in main
    cgidata.getvalue('adminpw', '')):
  File
"/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 206, in WebAuthenticate
    ac = self.Authenticate(authcontexts,
response, user)
  File
"/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 159, in Authenticate
    elif crypt and crypt.crypt(response,
secret[:2]) == secret:
TypeError: argument 2 must be string without
null bytes, not str