[Mailman-Developers] 2.1b2-production ready?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:43:19 -0400

    LB> How unready for production use is 2.1b2?  I've written a
    LB> Handler module for mailman, that I wanted to use to filter
    LB> things coming into the archive, but I can't find where to put
    LB> the call to the handler in 2.0.  I don't want it in the
    LB> pipeline because it should only act on the archived messages,
    LB> not the ones sent out.  Any hints on where this should go?
    LB> How far away is a 2.1 release?

We're using 2.1cvs in production on python.org (for this list in
fact), so it's stable enough.  There are still a few rough edges here
and there, but I'm watching it closely and trying to keep it patch.

I will likely release another beta sometime this week or by the
weekend.  At that point I'll feel good enough about it to migrate the
rest of the mailman-* lists over to it.

-Barry