[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-585270 ] qrunner fails with RHL7.2 python 1.5.2

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:05:14 -0700

Bugs item #585270, was opened at 2002-07-23 17:05
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=585270&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
qrunner from mailman-2.0.12 (downloaded and installed
from the src tarball) fails with Python 1.5.2 from RHL7.2
python-1.5.2-38.

Error message from $prefix/logs/error is attached as is a
patch that does seem to fix the problem and allow
Mailman to work.

(I'm not a Python programmer .. I noramlly use P**L so
I'm not sure exactly what or why... please treat my
patch with the greatest skepticism!)

>From the mailing lists, there are quite a few ppl having
problems with the RHL distributions of Python -- is this a
compatability thing (that we can argue about whether it's
RHL or Mailman that is at fault a la gcc for years to
come?)