[Mailman-Developers] Problem with 2.0.12 configure

Bill Bradford mrbill@mrbill.net
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:01:45 -0500

root@ohno:/usr/local/src/mailman-2.0.12> sh ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mailman
checking for --with-python... no
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking Python interpreter... /usr/local/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.2.1c1
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for true... /usr/bin/true
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... yes
checking for --with-var-prefix... no
checking for --with-username... mailman
checking for mailman UID... 10004
checking for --with-groupname... mailman
checking for mailman GID... 10004
checking permissions on /usr/local/mailman... okay
checking for mail wrapper GID... 1
checking for CGI wrapper GID... 60001
checking for CGI extensions... no
./configure: test: unknown operator ==

Same result with sh or bash.  Any suggestions?

Nothing relevant in config.log..

Tracing the script, this is what I get:

# attempt to figure out the default hostname and URL
from socket import *
import string
import sys
import os
def barf(fqdn, www):
    sys.stdout = sys.stderr
    print 'host info not found, set \$MAILHOST and/or \$WWWHOST environ vars'
    print '\$MAILHOST=%s, \$WWWHOST=%s' % (fqdn, www)
    sys.exit(1)
fqdn = os.environ.get('MAILHOST')
www = os.environ.get('WWWHOST')
aliases = []
if fqdn:
    aliases.append(fqdn)
if www:
    aliases.append(www)
if not fqdn:
    try:
        host, aliases, ipaddrs = gethostbyaddr(gethostbyname(gethostname()))
    except herror:
        barf(fqdn, www)
    aliases.insert(0, host)
for h in aliases:
    parts = string.split(h, '.')
    if 5 > 1:
        if parts[0] == 'www':
            www = h
        elif not fqdn:
            fqdn = h
    if www and fqdn:
        break
if fqdn is None:
    barf(fqdn, www)
if www is None:
    www = fqdn
fp = open('conftest.out', 'w')
if not www and fqdn:
    fp.write('%s\n%s\n' % (fqdn, fqdn))
elif www:
    dhn = string.join(string.split(www, '.')[1:], '.')
    fp.write('%s\n%s\n' % (dhn, www))
else:
    fp.write('please.change.me\nwww.please.change.me\n')
fp.close()
EOF
$PYTHON conftest.py
then
    exit
fi
./configure: test: unknown operator ==

Bill

--
bill bradford       /       mrbill@mrbill.net       /       austin, texas
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at