[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Marc MERLIN marc_news@merlins.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:17:18 -0700

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 08:47:26AM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> > My secondary  MXes are locked down  even tighter for that  exact reason,
>
> One of the things I'm wondering is whether you could set up a trap up in the
> high MX records. You'd have to make sure your real mail system never failed
> badly enough to wander up there, but could you create problems by putting a
> tar baby up there?

I don't know if I would.
I'm sure some legitimate MTAs and DNS servers would somehow sometimes end up
with your highest MX.
That said, I have indeed not tried it, it may virtually never happen.

Marc