[Mailman-Developers] Re: Opening up a few can o' worms here...

JasonR.Mastaler JasonR.Mastaler
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:28:34 -0600

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> writes:

> We're going to be implementing TMDA to do this, and will be
> switching all admin to generic addresses that filter through TMDA,
> as well as things like postmaster@ and the like.

Glad to hear this.  AFAIK, TMDA isn't currently in use at any huge
sites, so this should be a good test.

> I'm going to look and see if I can interface TMDA to the subscriber
> databases so that subscribers are by definition whitelisted

The docs cover the details, but yes TMDA can do this.  For example,
the filter for the tmda-workers mailing list includes the following
lines:

  # allow subscribers through
  from-mailman -attr=members ~mailman/lists/tmda-workers  ok

  # ditto for digest subscribers
  from-mailman -attr=digest_members ~mailman/lists/tmda-workers  ok

--
(http://tmda.net/)