[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:42:52 -0700

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:27:27 -0400
Jay R Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:47:55PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:34:51 -0700 Chuq Von Rospach

>> Is that really a valid and interesting case that can't be (usually)
>> handled by posting directly to the list?

> Absolutely, positively, 100% guaranteed.

> Think Google.  Think 5-year old message with *almost* exactly the
> answer you need.  Think "hasn't been on that mailing list in 2 years,
> since a bogus bounce dropped me and I didn't bother re-upping."

Yup, which is a small enough probability of happening, with a small
enough population who might even/ever want to do that, with a small
enough probability of the original address even remaining valid over
that time...etc that I don't see it as much of an interesting case.

The (nicer) thing is that it also handles given a CGI which does
reply-to-list from the web archives.

  ObNote: I have that feature on the archives at Kanga.Nu.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?