[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:12:31 -0700

On 7/17/02 12:28 AM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

>   JCL> I don't supply mboxes (or any other raw form of my archives).
>   JCL> Providing mboxes or some other off-line form of the archives
>   JCL> is the most common archive-related request I receive.
>
> I'd like to better understand the motivation for those requests.

I get these requests, too. Some kind of "easy way to download the entire
archives" -- from people who want a local copy for local searching (grep,
etc). Unfortunately, since that also makes it trivial to harvest off of, I
tell these folks I won't do that.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/