[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:46:12 -0700

On 7/16/02 11:39 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> Wow, I guess you don't read many EULAs do ya? :)
>
> your-problem-son-is-ya-got-morals-ly y'rs,

I can sleep at night, too. But then, I believe in doing what I think is
right, not what I can get away with as legal. If that bothers you, sue me...

(heh)

> P.S. Someday soon you/we may indeed have that legal responsibility.
> Although obviously a worthy goal, I'm actually a little fearful of
> what that'll mean for free software.

Sorry, I just don't think they'l suceed at nuking free software. Too much
big business depends on it now. Vigilance is good, but when push comes to
shove, the ones that are trying to screw it up won't succeed.

Besides, fi the US outlaws it, like, oh, stem cell research, it'll just
slide overseas out of the US jurisdiction, and the US will find that over
time, it'll be ata  competitive disadvantage because of it...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.