[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:15:24 -0700

On 7/16/02 10:59 PM, "J C Lawrence" <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> How about the CGI business as a solution?  You can do that without
> exposing the address and while doing due diligence on constraining
> abuse.

Once you build the infrastructure to support cloaked-but-forwarding
addresses, it's definitely possible. But not 1st generation stuff, I don't
think.

> ObNote: Apple runs a large enough mail ship that its an attractive
> target in and of itself should you do an automated system like this.

Shh. If you don't tell anyone... (oh, wait, security through obscurity is a
bad idea...)

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam my clothes down here, will you?