[Mailman-Developers] Scrubbing Mailman lists

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:06:44 -0400

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 02:42:54AM -0700, Dan Kohn wrote:
> I'd appreciate help adding the following features to Mailman to "scrub"
> questionable mailing lists into fully verified opt-in lists:
>
> I want to start with an unverified mailing list, and segment it into 2
> lists containing those who have verified acceptance and those who
> haven't.  Specifically, I'd like to add a footer to messages being sent
> to the non-verified list segment asking them to click a URL or send
> email to an address to verify.  Taking the verification step would then
> move them onto the verified list segment.  Also, anyone posting to the
> list would be moved to the verified list segment.  I'd like this whole
> bundle of features to be bottled up as a standard Mailman option for
> "scrubbing" lists that are not initially 100% verified opt-in (i.e.,
> that didn't originate with Mailman's confirm subscription feature turned
> on).

That sounds an awful lot like the "invitation" feature in 2.1.

If you haven't already looked at that, take a gander, and see what you
think.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")