[Mailman-Developers] an accents problem with "é"

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:04:21 -0400

    >> I see no double-encoding.  You can see no double encoding in
    >> this message's subject too!

    F> We ought to compare what's in the qfiles/in/ directory. If it's
    F> the same in both installations, but is spitted out bad by mine
    F> and correctly by yours, it must be in 'email' (or in the way
    F> Mailman calls 'email'). Am I right?

Yes.  Let's start from a common starting point so we can eliminate
other tools.  I'm using Python 2.2 here, and the following script to
inject the message into a mailing list:

import smtplib

MAILHOST = 'localhost'
MAILPORT = 25