[Mailman-Developers] USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER is not flexible enough

Jason R. Mastaler jason-list-mailman-developers@mastaler.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:07:36 -0700

barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> It probably would be best to add a method get_author() which
> returned a list of (From_, From:, Sender:) for comparison

Alright, I've added a get_author() method to Mailman.Message which
returns a list containing the From:, unixfrom, Reply-To:, and Sender:
addresses depending on availability.

> and we'd have to evaluate each get_sender() call site to see if it
> was doing such a comparison or just trying to find an address to use
> (in which case, I guess you still trust From: first?).  In either
> case, you'd have to change every affected call site to do an `in'
> test instead of an == test.

I don't see any `==' tests, but rather things like:

    if mlist.isMember(sender)

I've started replacing them with code that looks something like this:

    for author in msg.get_author():
        if mlist.isMember(author):
            sender = author
            break

Am I on the right track, or did you have something else in mind?

--
(TMDA (http://tmda.sourceforge.net/)
(UCE intrusion prevention in Python)