[Mailman-Developers] Importing email 0.96 problem

Colin Mackinlay mailman-list@mackinlay.demon.co.uk
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:13:57 +0000 (GMT)

I've had some problems with getting 2.1a4 going on my Mandrake 8.1
installation and have gone back to a "clean" system.

The documented way to install email is: python setup.py install

This doesn't work for me as 2.1.1 is installed from an RPM and throws
errors in relation to configure.

What seemed ok was to copy the email folder into the python2.1
site-packages folder. Running python interactively enables me to import
email and check the version. I can also import email.Utils and others
too.

I've created the site wide mailman list and also a test list from the
command line. When I go to the /mailman/admin page I get a Bug error
message

Traceback (most recent call last)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 80 in run_main
    pkg = __import__('Mailman.Cgi', globals(), locals(), [scriptname])
  File "../mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 31, in ?
    from email.Utils import unquote, parseaddr
ImportError: No module named Utils

Is there some othe part of python 2.1 that I need to hack?

Colin

--
Colin Mackinlay