[Mailman-Developers] Mailman CVS works on OS X!

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:57:20 +0900

Just wanted to report that Mailman out of CVS works beautifully with
Python 2.1.1 from the Fink porting project for OS X.

I was able to compile and install Mailman after creating a "mailman"
user and group in NetInfo.  The configure process had a few snags
where it was confused about the local hostname (I was not on a network
at the time) but it continued on, and built and installed no problem.

OS X comes with Apache, so I simply changed /etc/httpd/httpd.conf for
the Mailman entries, ran /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start, and
was off and running.

Love that portable code!

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters I and C and the number 1.
"Frungy! Frungy! Frungy!!"