[Mailman-Developers] Thanks Everyone - First Big Mailing

Marc Perkel marc@perkel.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:39:41 -0800

Thanks!

Well - except for some significant glitches - our effector newsletter went out
just fine last night. I want to than everyone who helped me out here. All I
have to do today is tune the system so I don't overload it again.

I had SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 250

Then - using Exim I had remote_max_parallel = 100

I'm wondering what values I should set for these and in exim - should I set:

queue_run_max = 30
?

I'm going to upgrade python to the latest and greatest. If I get the exim
processes down I shouldn't overload the file handles - but - in the 2.4 kernel
- how do I increase the number of open files?

Marc Perkel
/root
EFF